Swimathon Grants Application Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the Swimathon Foundation Community Grants scheme.
The Swimathon Foundation Community Grants panel decision is final and is based upon set criteria which every application is measured against.
The Swimathon Foundation Community Grants Scheme offers funding to groups and individuals who provide and promote swimming in their local community. The Foundation is passionate about encouraging people to get involved with swimming, which it hopes to encourage even further with its Community Grants.
The grants are administered by Swim England and the Swimming Trust and are awarded on an annual basis. Applications for 2020 are open between 17 January and 5pm on 13 March 2020.
What can you apply for?
Applications are invited for funding for an innovative and sustainable project which will help more people participate in and enjoy swimming and to make swimming more accessible.
Organisations may request an amount between £500 and £2,500.
Application Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be a representative of, or have the support of a pool participating in Swimathon 2020 or a venue participating in Open Water Swimathon 2019
- The manager, or their delegated main contact at the participating Swimathon pool or Open Water Swimathon venue must agree to the implications of the terms and conditions of the Foundation grant and provide a contact email address
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and a resident in the United Kingdom (UK)
- The application is an online form. This form may be requested in a printed/word format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is 5pm on 13 March 2020 no matter what format they are received in.
- If an organisation is successful in receiving a grant, they cannot apply again in the following years grant cycle
- If an organisation is unsuccessful, they may apply again for the next round of grants
- By making an application, the organisation is agreeing to participate in publicity surrounding their grant
- The Swimathon Foundation operates a competitive grants process and applications which fulfil all criteria may still not be funded. The decision on whether funding is awarded will depend on the detail given in the application and the availability of funds and decision of the funding panel
- The decision of the Swimathon Foundation funding panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any such decision
- Applicants will ensure that your projects or programmes are as inclusive as possible across the whole participant experience, from the marketing received, to the delivery environment, to the activities offered, to the support being offered throughout
- Successful applicants will receive their grant payments by BACs transfer and must have a working organisation bank account in which to receive the grant
- Applicants must provide a specific breakdown of how funding will be spent. Inaccurate or missing information may result in the application being rejected. Applicants may be required to provide copies of their most recent certified or audited accounts to support their application
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their organisations latest accounts and most recent bank statement, along with a copy of their articles of association, equality policy, child protection policy and adults at risk policy as applicable
- Upon satisfaction of these criteria, successful applicants will be awarded 50% of their grant up front, on submission of an invoice and signed acceptance letter provided upon a successful application. Dependent on the timeframe of the project, the full amount of the grant may be paid upfront. This is up to the discretion of the selection panel
- Halfway through the project the applicant will be asked to complete an interim budget report. At this point the remaining 50% of the grant may be released upon receipt of an invoice. This is up to the discretion of the selection panel
- On completion of the project, applicants are required to submit a full monitoring and evaluation report and a reconciliation of funding used with an invoice for the remainder of the grant
- On satisfactory receipt of this information the remaining agreed balance will be paid
- If no report is received within 60 days of the stated project completion date, and no contact is made to explain this, the remaining grant payment will not be released
Am I eligible to apply?
- Have an innovative project idea so that it targets a group of swimmers that are not already regularly participating
- Use of a Swimathon pool or Open Water Swimathon venue and have sign off from the Pool Manager or their delegated main contact for this project to take place. A full list of participating Swimathon pools can be found on swimathon.org
- Have a plan to make sure that your project is sustainable
- Have an end date for your project of no later than 12 months following your first payment
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and a resident in the United Kingdom
- You cannot have received a Swimathon Foundation Community grant in the last grant cycle
- We would like projects to be completed within 12 months from the date of the scheme being approved. Please explain in your application if this is not feasible so that the panel can take this into account when assessing the applications.
The full criteria can be found here.
How will you know you have been successful or unsuccessful?
Applicants will be notified by 1 May using the email address provided on the application form if they have been selected to receive a grant or if they have been unsuccessful.
Please note that no correspondence will be entered into regarding the success or failure of an application. No feedback can be given regarding unsuccessful applications.
If you have any queries please access the Frequently Asked Questions. If you don’t find an answer then please contact us on email@example.com and we will endeavour to provide you with an answer within three working days.